Our comprehensive values drive the curriculum. Our aim is to ensure all young people have access to a broad and balanced curriculum; this curriculum is fully inclusive, enabling students of all abilities to enjoy and achieve. We strive to ensure that all our students are well equipped for the demands of the 21st Century – from the moment they start with us in Year 7, all the way through to when they leave us after the Sixth-Form.
Our Key Stage 3 is two years long – for Years 7 and 8 students follow a curriculum comprised of: English, Maths, Science, Geography, History, RE/Citizenship, ICT, Expressive Arts (including Music, Art and Drama) Design Technology (including Catering, Graphics, Textiles and Resistant Materials) and PE.
During Year 8, students are supported through their Options Process as they prepare for a three-year Key Stage 4. The advantages of a three-year Key Stage 4 are:
- A deep and engaging curriculum that allows staff greater flexibility in delivering subjects
- A choice of pathways to study – including the English Baccalaureate pathway
- Flexibility to sit examinations when you are ready
The English Baccalaureate is NOT a separate qualification but measures a comprehensive range of qualifications, which are:
- GCSE English A* - C
- GCSE Mathematics A* - C
- Two GCSE Sciences A* - C
- Either GCSE History OR GCSE Geography A* - C
- Either GCSE French OR GCSE Spanish A* - C
The EB pathway is not compulsory for any student but it may be a preferred pathway for students who:
- May one day apply to University
- Are looking for a strong academic challenging
- Simply prefer those subjects
The Coleshill School also boasts a thriving Sixth-Form with a growing range of subjects to follow. We hold an Open Evening for potential students in Autumn and a shorter Information Evening in the Spring. All enquiries for Sixth-Form places should go via Mr Tait.